With a library account, all library card owners can
- Renew Materials
- Hold Items
- Change your PIN or address
- Review what you have checked out
You will need to first go to our catalog search page, then login with your User ID and PIN in the upper right. Then you can click on "My Account". If you don't have a User ID and PIN, please visit your nearest library branch.
Your donation will help us do more to serve our communities.
Library Card Eligibility
To obtain a free library card a patron must present a valid form of ID which has a current address and provide the names and telephone numbers of two references outside the patron's home. Patrons under the age of 16 require a parent's or guardian's signature to obtain a card. The parent or guardian must provide the required ID.
A replacement fee of $1.00 will be charged for lost cards. The first time a patron uses a new library card there will be a limit of three items that may be checked out.
User ID and PIN for Online Access
To access your account or request materials online, you will need your 14-digit library card number from the back of your library card and a PIN number which must be obtained in person at any of our library branches. This PIN can be changed at any time when you log on to your library account.
If you prefer to use a simpler Alternate ID rather than your 14-digit library card number, ask a library staff member to set this up for you.
Books, magazines and books on CD are loaned for a period of 14 days. Videos are loaned for 7 days.
If there is no waiting list on an item that was originally checked out, it may be renewed twice for the same time period as the original loan. Renewals may be made in person, by telephone, on our website, by fax or by mail.
Requests will be accepted at each library for:
- Items in the library system, but out on loan
- Items not in the library's collection through Interlibrary Loan
- Information on a particular subject
Fines and Charges
- Fines on overdue materials accrue at $0.05 cents a day to a maximum limit of $2.00 an item.
- Fines on overdue videos accrue at $0.25 a day to a maximum limit of $2.00 an item.
- When items are lost or returned damaged the patron will be held responsible for the cost of the item and the cost involved in replacement.
The mission of this organization is:
- To be at all times a dynamic public resource
- To provide information, materials and services
- To stimulate ideas, advance knowledge and enhance the quality of life for all members of the public library community
It is the belief of the Board of Trustees of the White County Regional Library System that these ends can best be met through the availability and utilization of a variety of library resources that ensure opportunities for education as a life-long process and enrich the cultural environment through serving as a social, entertainment, and recreational resource center.
White County Regional Library System Board Members
- Clay Goff (Chair)
- Jean Ann Bell
- Linda Benson
- Logan Cothern
- Sharen Crockett
- Natalie Free
- Laura Hoffmann
- Cecelia Johnson
- C.A. Jones
- Melissa Lacy
- Kathy Mannon
- Beverly Robertson
- Melinda Stake