With a library account, all library card owners can
- Renew Materials
- Hold Items
- Change your PIN or address
- Review what you have checked out
You will need to first go to our catalog search page, then login with your User ID and PIN in the upper right. Then you can click on "My Account". If you don't have a User ID and PIN, please visit your nearest library branch.
Your donation will help us do more to serve our communities.
Looking for some ideas for what to read next? Check out our new service called Next Reads. View the NextReads lists here on our website or choose the genre/list types that most interest you and subscribe by completing the contact information request below the newletter lists. NoveList reviews would arrive each month via your email inbox or you may subscribe to the RSS feed option.
Each title suggestion provides a link to seaching for the item in our catalog. If you find that we do not currently own the item in our system and you would like to recommend that we do, please submit a Materials Request Form.
- Web-based libary catalog search
- Online Material Reservations
- Interbranch Loan (within our library system)
- Interlibrary Loan (outside our library system)
- One Click Digital for Downloadable Audio Books
- Overdrive for Downloadable eBooks (including for Kindles)
- Hoopla for streaming of thousands of movies, television shows, music albums, audiobooks, eBooks, and comic booksstreaming of thousands of movies, television shows, music albums, audiobooks, eBooks, and comic books
- Books on CD
- Music CDs
- Large Print Books
- Libros en Español
- Reading Area
- Online 24/7 Library Account Access
- Public Access Computers
- Access is free with a limit of 1 hour per session, with a limit of 2 hours per day. You must sign in each time you use a public internet computer. At Searcy, Bald Knob, Judsonia, and Beebe you must sign in at the computer station with your library card number.
- Email access is allowed.
- All terminals have word processing software for document preparation
- Printing is available at all library branches
- Internet use is not permitted for patrons under 18 years of age unless assisted by an adult parent or guardian. Minors ages 16-17 may use library public access computers if they have an Internet Permission Form for Minors signed by a parent or guardian on file.
(Read our Acceptable Use Policy)
WiFi Access at all our branches
You must pick up a policy and password to use the service.
- WiFi Printing Access for WiFi users at Searcy Public Library
- Story time
- A Summer Reading Program is held each year.
The Arkansas Room of the Searcy Public Library is a source for Arkansas History, White County History, Searcy History and Arkansas Authors. Besides the print collection, other popular resources include:
- Searcy Daily Citizen (on microfilm) July 1953 to present
- White County Marriage records and index (on microfilm) (prior to 1920)
- White County Heritage (Journal produced and published by the White County Historical Society)
- Local family histories kept on file
- Heritage Quest Online Great source for U.S. Census records
- Ancestry.com-Library Edition This resource is available for use only while at the library.
- America's News - Includes full text access to archives of America's News including the Arkansas Democrat Gazette (1/3/1994 to present) and the Searcy Daily Citizen (8/24/2003 to present)
- Fax Service
- Fees are $2.00 for the first page sent to a long distance number and $0.25 for each page thereafter. Faxes received are $0.25 per page. See Location/Hours tab for fax number for each branch location.
- Photocopy service
- Free Notary Public (Searcy Public Library only)
- Typewriter (Searcy Public Library only)
- Online Reference Articles and Resources
- Links to online libraries in Arkansas